- Browse Categories
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Specific Academic Purposes
- Professional & Business English
- Testing and Examinations
- Teacher Resources and Photocopiables
- Reference, Journals and Academic Papers
- Sort All Books
A six-level primary course designed for 5/6–11/12-year-olds
Gateway offers a perfect balance of the four language skills and enables students to think, reflect and react in the target language because it is based on the following premises:
a. Most of the students start formal education at age six. Therefore, the creativity and innovation skills children have at this age have been taken as a point from where to start building knowledge.
b. Thinking and physical skills are basic issues to consider in teaching a foreign language to children; therefore, all activities in the series include a true approach towards developing these skills in direct relationship to the real world that surrounds the learners.
c. Because children grow within their own thinking and learning skills towards recognition, understanding and use of the new concepts, this series takes the students from a True Beginner Level to a Low Intermediate Level (A1), preparing them to sit the KET (ESOL – Key English Test). Though Gateway offers a balance between the four language skills, there will be an emphasis on the writing skill as the series grows, enabling students to become much more self-assured and self-independent learners in the new language as they prepare themselves to continue learning English in upper school levels.
- Lively, student-centered activities
- Puzzles and games
- Songs and chants
- Functional grammar practice
- Texts relevant to the students' lives
- Age-appropriate writing activities
- Facsimiles of Student's Book pages at the appropriate point in each unit
No results found