- Browse Categories
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Specific Academic Purposes
- Professional & Business English
- Testing and Examinations
- Teacher Resources and Photocopiables
- Reference, Journals and Academic Papers
- Sort All Books
An online testing system that allows you to quickly and accurately assess the academic English ability of your students
What is the Garnet i-Test?
The Garnet i-Test is an instant, accurate and secure interactive test of English language competence and performance. It has been specifically designed for use as a placement test, and assesses the test-takers’ Reading, Listening and Usage of English abilities. The i-Test is skills-based and can be correlated to a number of ELT benchmarks, including IELTS, TOEFL iBT, the Cambridge exam suite and the CEF. It even allows institutions to create their own customized marking band.
Who is it for?
The Garnet i-Test tests English language skills from beginner level upwards (CEF: A1, IELTS 2.0), providing institutions with an accurate and reliable reflection of their students’ English ability and allowing them to place students quickly and easily. Institution administrators can maintain control over test sittings, the speed at which a test proceeds and marking bands. Results from completed tests are generated automatically and delivered to the test supervisor, who can then view question-by-question analysis.
What can the Garnet i-Test do for you?
- Instant, reliable and automatic marking, eliminating human error and saving time and expense.
- Testing of a wide range of English ability from A1–C1, ensuring all of your students are covered.
- Immediate mapping of results against a range of difference scales, including IELTS, CEF, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge exam suite, Garnet EAP, or your own customized scale.
- Complete control over test settings, the speed at which a test proceeds (where appropriate) and the choice of marking bands, plus full downloadable results.
- No large initial payment. Tests are purchased on a pay-as-you-go credit system. One credit = one test sitting for one student.
View a demonstration of a student taking the Garnet i-Test: