Garnet Education is an independent, specialist ELT publisher based in central Reading. We are seeking a Print and Digital Editor to work on developing and editing materials from manuscript stage through to finished print and digital products.
Duties will include:
- Working effectively and collaboratively as part of the in-house editorial team.
- Working with the wider Garnet team and external suppliers, advisers and colleagues, as required.
- Copy-editing and proofreading material to a consistently high standard.
- Working on multi-component projects, helping to establish schedules and maintaining an awareness of costs.
- Working closely with designers throughout all stages of product development.
- Liaising with authors and content editors, responding to content queries and finding constructive solutions if and when necessary.
- Briefing and overseeing the work of freelance editors.
- Where required, working with the digital team on their range of products.
- Liaising as necessary, both internally and externally, for the purposes of product development and enhancement.
- Keeping up to date with developments and trends in the ELT/educational world.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a demonstrable editorial experience in ELT/educational publishing.
- have an informed awareness of ELT markets, trends and products.
- have strong project management skills.
- be highly organised and be prepared to take initiative.
- be a good communicator on all levels.
- be willing to learn and be open to change.
- be deadline-driven and a competent time manager.
- be an active and enthusiastic team player.
Desirable qualities include:
- Experience with the CEFR and other testing and assessment scales.
- Direct experience of ELT markets in different countries.
- Teaching experience in an ELT setting and a recognised ELT qualification.
- An element, or an awareness, of digital product development.
- Working knowledge of both online and blended learning.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to Rachel Finnie, Editorial Manager: email@example.com