We currently have two roles available: Managing Editor/Editorial Project Manager and Regional Manager, UK, Ireland & Northern Europe.
Managing Editor/Editorial Project Manager
Garnet Education is an independent, specialist ELT publisher based in central Reading. We are seeking a Managing Editor/Editorial Project Manager with solid ELT experience to work on project-managing, content development and editing of print and digital materials, leading projects from the manuscript stage through to publication. We are currently operating a hybrid office- and home-based method of working. Candidates should be able to work at least one day each week in the Reading office.
Duties will include:
- managing multi-component projects: commissioning new material; content-developing and content-editing in detail; copy-editing; briefing copy-editors/proofreaders; taking overall responsibility for managing all stages of the publishing process
- working alongside the Curriculum Development Manager with clients to realize fluid and changing briefs, whilst maintaining effective and excellent editorial workflows and communication, as well as high editorial standards
- working closely with authors: establishing good working relationships and providing detailed and constructive suggestions to ensure Garnet products are of a consistently high standard
- taking responsibility for the realization of a product to brief, and for its consistency, accuracy, legal acceptability and appropriateness to the intended market
- briefing and overseeing the work of freelance editors
- taking responsibility for the review and development of content, and, in liaison with the Editorial Manager and senior management, being actively involved in the planning of future publishing and the identification of new opportunities
- liaising with customers/institutions as required
- working collaboratively as part of the in-house editorial team, adhering closely to Garnet’s processes and procedures at all times
- working with the wider Garnet team and external suppliers, advisers and colleagues, maintaining professional relationships throughout
- copy-editing and proofreading material to a consistently high standard
- planning project schedules
- working closely with the Design Manager and design team throughout all stages of product development
- briefing and working alongside the Digital Manager and digital team on joint editorial-digital projects, including ensuring files are ready for digitization according to Garnet’s editorial guidelines
- working closely with the Production Manager and production team, including briefing for copyright permissions and photo research and ensuring editorial files are print-ready in line with Garnet’s editorial guidelines
- briefing the sales and marketing teams on product specifications and timelines
- briefing audio/video producers and actors, and attending recordings/production sessions
- ensuring contractual obligations and company policies are adhered to on each project
- keeping up to date with developments and trends in both key markets and the wider ELT/educational world
To apply or ask for more details, please write (including your CV, covering letter and salary expectation in the case of an application) to Emily McIntyre (Production Manager): email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 8th January 2024
Regional Manager, UK, Ireland & Northern Europe
Based: British Isles
Reporting to: Operations Director
Key Internal Interfaces: Academic Director, Digital Manager, Marketing Manager, Regional Manager, Europe & Middle East, Editorial team.
To promote and sell key Garnet Education ELT print and digital products and solutions to ELT institutions including Private Language Schools, Higher Education Institutions, and Vocational Training Institutes in the UK, Republic of Ireland & Northern Europe.
- Key account management.
- Achieve sales targets within the assigned territory.
- Work closely with the Sales & Operations team to plan and deliver promotional strategy.
- Work remotely with the Academic Director to deliver product and teacher training.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to decision-makers, and attend regional & international ELT events as required.
- Monitor, predict and counter competitor activity across the territory.
- Communicate effectively with Operations Director on territory activities, key issues or opportunities, and competition through regular meetings, calls and reports.
- Provide market input into product development strategy.
- Submit expenses on a timely basis.
- Strictly adhere to Garnet Education’s Code of Conduct.
Hybrid field-home-office (Reading, Berkshire) role, with frequent travel within the assigned sales territory, particularly during promotional season.
Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in ELT.
- Experience in sales, publishing or teaching.
- Credible overview of the ELT market.
- Willingness to travel internationally when required.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, with excellent time management.
- Customer- and learner-focused, with a can-do, positive attitude.
- A recognised ELT qualification would be advantageous.
- Full, clean international driving licence.
- The successful applicant must be legally eligible to work in the UK & Republic of Ireland Common Travel Area, as well as being able to travel to/from EU countries.
To apply or ask for more details, please write (including your CV and covering letter in the case of an application) to Sarah Church (Operations Director): firstname.lastname@example.org.