We currently have two roles available: Development Editor and Regional Manager, UK, Ireland & Northern Europe.
Regional Manager, UK, Ireland & Northern Europe
Based: British Isles
Reporting to: Operations Director
Key Internal Interfaces: Academic Director, Digital Manager, Marketing Manager, Regional Manager, Europe & Middle East, Editorial team.
To promote and sell key Garnet Education ELT print and digital products and solutions to ELT institutions including Private Language Schools, Higher Education Institutions, and Vocational Training Institutes in the UK, Republic of Ireland & Northern Europe.
- Key account management.
- Achieve sales targets within the assigned territory.
- Work closely with the Sales & Operations team to plan and deliver promotional strategy.
- Work remotely with the Academic Director to deliver product and teacher training.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to decision-makers, and attend regional & international ELT events as required.
- Monitor, predict and counter competitor activity across the territory.
- Communicate effectively with Operations Director on territory activities, key issues or opportunities, and competition through regular meetings, calls and reports.
- Provide market input into product development strategy.
- Submit expenses on a timely basis.
- Strictly adhere to Garnet Education’s Code of Conduct.
Hybrid field-home-office (Reading, Berkshire) role, with frequent travel within the assigned sales territory, particularly during promotional season.
Experience and Requirements:
- Experience in ELT.
- Experience in sales, publishing or teaching.
- Credible overview of the ELT market.
- Willingness to travel internationally when required.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Excellent presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, with excellent time management.
- Customer- and learner-focused, with a can-do, positive attitude.
- A recognised ELT qualification would be advantageous.
- Full, clean international driving licence.
- The successful applicant must be legally eligible to work in the UK & Republic of Ireland Common Travel Area, as well as being able to travel to/from EU countries.
To apply or ask for more details, please write (including your CV and covering letter in the case of an application) to Sarah Church (Operations Director): email@example.com.
Garnet Education is an independent, specialist ELT publisher based in central Reading. We are seeking an experienced Development Editor with solid ELT knowledge to manage multi-component print and digital materials from the commissioning stage through to publication.
Duties will include:
- project management: commissioning new material; content-developing and content-editing in detail; copy-editing; briefing freelancers
- establishing good working relationships with authors and providing detailed and constructive feedback to ensure Garnet products are of a consistently high standard
- taking responsibility for the realization of a product to brief, and for its consistency, accuracy, legal acceptability and appropriateness to the intended market
- writing or rewriting material, as necessary
- reviewing and developing content, and, in liaison with the Editorial Manager and senior management, being actively involved in the planning of future publishing and the identification of new opportunities
- working collaboratively as part of the in-house editorial team
We have a hybrid working policy, with a minimum requirement of two days a week in our Reading office.
You will need to have:
- a strong understanding of ELT materials
- experience of writing, developing and editing content to a brief
- excellent project management skills
- the ability to use your initiative and work independently, but also to work with the team to complete projects
- experience of working with authors to meet a brief
To apply or ask for more details, please write (including your CV and covering letter in the case of an application) to Kate Kemp (Acting Editorial Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org