IELTS Target 6.5: Preparation for IELTS Academic
IELTS Target 6.5 is aimed at students entering IELTS study at intermediate level. The main focus of preparation is the IELTS Academic examination, therefore this book is ideal for those seeking to gain accreditation for university admissions or for immigration purposes. The combined IELTS Target 6.5 Course Book and Workbook teaches language competencies, rather than focusing solely on exam preparation.
The course consists of three four-unit sections that take the student from an intermediate to advanced level. Each unit focuses on developing vocabulary and key language skills in all four areas – speaking, listening, reading and writing. The Workbook provides additional practice to help consolidate learning. By the end of the course, students will be working with texts and language at an advanced level.
The Teacher’s Book includes:
- Comprehensive teaching notes on all exercises to help teachers prepare effective lessons
- Complete answer keys to all exercises
- Full tapescripts of listening exercises
Each unit consists of five modules:
- Speaking and Vocabulary: This prepares students for the type of interaction they can expect with the examiner in the Speaking test. The vocabulary selected is that most frequently encountered during the Speaking test.
- Listening: This module is in two sections. The first section engages students in a topic and pre-teaches key vocabulary, before focusing on a key skill or particular IELTS exam technique. The second section practises the skill.
- Reading: As with the Listening Module.
- Writing: This deals with both parts of the Writing test, each unit focusing on a different writing skill or technique. There is a focus on guided writing, with model compositions and reports for all tasks.
- Consolidation and Exam Practice: The first part revises the speaking focus and vocabulary in the first module. The second part practises listening, reading or writing skills under exam-type conditions.
The course also includes end-of-section review material.
See accompanying combined Course Book and Workbook.
Publication date: 6 Jan 2014
Number of pages: 264
BIC code: 4EL, EL
BISAC code: FOR007000