New edition of the international foundation course for developing students’ key academic study skills
This flexible learning resource has been carefully designed to develop the key transferable skills that promote students’ success in university and college study. Whether used in the classroom or at home, the TASK series provides a tried and tested teaching and learning tool suitable for a broad range of academic disciplines.
Both the content and design of these new editions have been updated. The ‘reflect’ boxes are now practical activities for students to consolidate their learning. At the end of each module there are updated web work and extension activities.
Key features and benefits
Transferable: Carefully designed to link learning with outcome. Skills transferable to:
- all faculties
- the professional world
- an international audience
Flexible: Takes into account the wide-ranging needs of institutions around the world.
- Modular design: available as a boxed set containing all 10 modules, or as individual modules
- Can be used as a taught course or for self-study
Motivating: Improves students’ study skills.
- Scaffolded activities for maximum student involvement
- Clear outcomes
- Web work and extension activities for further study
Publication date: 1 May 2015
Number of pages: 352
BIC code: EL, ESF
BISAC code: FOR007000